Thursday, October 28, 2010

We are headed to wiki-land

I believe I may be officially crazy.  I had five groups in my 7th period start wikis today.  We are reading a period novel and I was expecting the students in this group to read quickly and spend more time on an interesting assignment, however I was thinking a period newspaper.  In class today I starting thinking of all the links and imbedded maps they could use if they just had wikis... so I blurted out "each group grab a computer!"  Of course, the first action of every group after creating their group wiki was to add me as a member.  :)  I'm a little concerned about what I have gotten myself into, but also truly believe in these kids and am excited to see what they will create.

I certainly have fear of the unknown, but I don't think they do.  I need to make sure my fear doesn't limit their project.  I'm going to send home permission to publish forms home tomorrow, after that maybe I'll be able to link to their wikis here.

We are entering a new frontier....

No comments:

Post a Comment