Monday, August 23, 2010

Glitches happen

Well, my opening letter says glitches happen and they do.  :)  As we were having issues getting students connected to my wiki page one of them spoke up and said "you said there might be glitches!"  Love that my students do listen to me. 

I'm trying to use the class wiki much more than the website last year.  I think it is easier since I can load assignments, links, etc. easier by adding a new page for them.  They are starting a plagiarism webquest to learn about copying/cheating early on with the understanding that there is zero tolerance in my classroom for those actions.  Most classes got a good start even with the technical glitches (we were able to direct them to the website for the webquest instead of having them go through my wiki page).

It's a good start.  Computers in the classroom the third day of school, wiki up and going, tech integrated in the first lesson, xtranormal already used, and podcasts planned for next week - I'm on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment